Amazingly simple and easy to make this recipe is deliciously packed full of fresh flavours. The recipe is also well adaptable to fit the simple ingredients you can find in any kitchen cupboard. The recipe is light and refreshing, perfect for those long summer evenings.
I recommend this recipe if you are a member of slimming world as you can alter it slightly to add up to 0 Syns (if you know, you know!).
Prep Time: 5mins
Cook Time: 20mins
Resting/Cooling Time: Eat while it’s hot!!
300g Linguine or Spaghetti
2 Garlic cloves, finely sliced
Knob of Ginger (thumb size, finely sliced)
240g Baby Spinach or Handful of Basil
1 Tbsp Olive oil
150-200g Pre-cooked King Prawns
1/2 Lemon, squeezed (to your own taste, recommended for seafood only)
2 Mixed chilli sliced diagonally (optional)
30g Parmesan cheese grated (per person)
2 Tbsp Water after cooking pasta
1. Start by cooking your pasta in lightly salted water, follow packet instructions for timing.
2. While your pasta is cooking take this chance to do all prep work, for all veg. You should cut garlic, ginger, chillies at this stage, you can take advantage and wash the spinach and prawns at this stage.
4. Your chosen pasta should be done by now, so begin to drain most of the water in a colander, remember to save a little bit of the pasta water to add later. Drizzle and mix a bit of olive oil to stop your pasta from sticking.
5. In the same saucepan you cooked your pasta in add some oil, once hot cook your garlic and ginger until lightly browned and then add the chilli and pasta water to stop the garlic from burning, add spinach and prawn and stir until the spinach leaves shrink and prawns have cooked lightly.
6. Add your drained spaghetti and lemon juice to the spinach and prawn mix and stir until nice and warm, do this on medium heat, stir continuously so you don’t burn the pasta. I would say this would take about a minute to complete, remember to season to taste.
7. Serve and enjoy with grated Parmesan cheese.
*You can use spray olive oil if you are on a diet, for those on slimming world this 0 Syns and you can choose whether you want to add the Parmesan as Extra food for the day.
*This recipe will work with any seafood or meat just cook longer or less depending on the type of meat you want to use.
*I recommend adding more veg to this dish, it will make you more full, broccoli, mushrooms and courgettes are all sound options.