Happy Chinese New Year!!!
A simple to make, crowd pleasing cheesecake that I made for the new year. A cake which never fails to disappoint. Filled with fresh berries and tangy lemon juices brings out a much needed tartness in a heavenly cheesecake.
***CAUTION THIS IS A DIET BREAKER***
This recipe has a Chinese translation below-下面附有该食谱的中文翻译
Serves: Around 10
Time: Around 1hr 45mins, plus overnight chilling
200g Digestive Biscuits
90g Unsalted Butter (melted)
600g Full-Fat Soft Cheese
150g Natural Yogurt
65g Plain Flour
230g Caster Sugar (Golden if available)
2 Lemon Zest (whole lemon)
1 Juice of Lemon
200g Blueberries, (Raspberry, Blackberry can be used instead)
Icing Sugar, to Decorate
1. Heat oven to 120C/100C fan/gas and line the base of a 20cm round springform tin with greaseproof paper.
2. Next step is give the biscuits a good crush in a food processor or in a food bag using a rolling pin. Tip into a bowl with the melted butter and mix well. Push the biscuits into an even layer into the base of the cake tin and chill until needed.
3. In a separate bowl use an electric whisk to beat the soft cheese with the sugar. Next beat in the yoghurt then the eggs one at a time. Finally beat in the lemon zest, lemon juice and flour. Fold through two thirds of the chosen berries crushing them very slightly so they start to bleed into the mix then tip the mix on top of the biscuit base and smooth over the top.
4. Bake for 45 mins to an hour, then turn off the oven, leave the cake inside for another hour then cool at room temperature.
5. Chill overnight. To serve, remove from tin, scatter with remaining raspberries and with icing sugar as you like
*You can decide on the right berry for your self, typically raspberries work the best and then blueberries as they tend to be quite tart
1.将烤箱加热至120°C (风扇烤箱）/ 100°C （煤气烤箱），并使用20厘米弹簧扣圆形蛋糕模，铺上防油纸。