This is so easy and super delicious, great for parties and any event. with no need to bake this is very quick to make and full of flavour. I would recommend you break your diet only for this cake.
Serves: Around 6
Time: Around 60 mins (4hrs-Overnight chilling)
4 x 154g Packets of Oreo (64 Cookies)
450g Soft Cheese, room temp
300ml Double Cream
60g Caster Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1. The first step is to start by melting the butter in a saucepan or heat in microwave for 20 seconds, saucepan will give you the best result here.
2. While you are melting the butter in a pan, start your biscuit base for the cheesecake by using two of the packets of Oreo and blending them in a food processor, alternatively you can bash them until the resemble fine crumbs. If you are going to bash them I would recommend a Ziploc bag to put the cookies in to reduce the mess.
3. Combine your melted butter to the cookie crumb and add your base mix to the bottom of a spring form tin. Cover and leave in the fridge to cool.
4. In a bowl start softening your soft cheese.
5. In another bowl add the cream and and the sugar together and using an electric whisk, whisk the mix until it forms soft peaks, (do the bowl over the head test) and then gently fold this mix into the soft cheese.
6. In the cream cheese mix add the vanilla and crush the remaining packets and fold them into the mix, I prefer larger pieces of Oreo as it will give a good crunchy texture in the middle of your cake. (Remember to save a handful of cookies for decoration)
7. Spoon the cream cheese Oreo mix onto the cheesecake base, decorate with any remaining Oreo’s and leave to refrigerate for around 4 hours-overnight, until you feel it has set.
*I used different flavours for my Oreo’s, on the base i used original flavour then used peanut butter for decoration and the cream cheese mix.
*Full fat soft cheese tends to hold its shape very well when you refrigerate so I would recommend full fat soft cheese (Philadelphia)